Heading to NYC for Design Inspiration is an exciting trip for Interior Designers, Architects, Builders, and anyone love furniture/accessories/lighting. ICFF, International Contemporary Furniture Fair, starts May 17th and ends May 20th. When one has an opportunity to look for an investment to be a business expert in the Furniture industry, ICFF is one of the highly recommended events one should consider attending.
Here are a few of design inspirations I loved shown at ICFF 2013:
Each day of the Blog Tour will feature and be sponsored by a vendor in the design world.
- Day 1 starts with a cocktail party at the DXV Showroom in the Flatiron District hosted by Hearst Publishing and Newell Turner, Editor in Chief of House Beautiful.
- Day 2 starts with a leisurely breakfast and a tour at Wanted Design, launched by Odile Hainaut and Claire Pijoulat. Heading over to the Kips Bay Decorator Show House, a luxury home in Manhattan, often referred to the Mansion on Madison, the New York Palace Hotel’s north wing.
- Day 3 includes an event at ICFF, the International Contemporary Furniture Fair with over 600 exhibitors.
- Day 4 will be a day of rest, with a leisurely stroll down the High Line and a trip to Ancient Baths at SoHo courtesy of the one and only Mr Steam. The evening private dinner with DXV CEO Jay Gould will be held at Bar Americain.
- Day 5 will feature the topic “From Runway to Runner – The Creative Process in Fashion & Design”. Cocktail hour will be hosted by Donghia who will share what is new in terms of furniture and Rubelli fabrics. Farewell dinner hosted by L’Ecole in SoHo, the restaurant of the International Culinary Center led by 60 chef-instructors.
“From Runway to Runner – The Creative Process in Fashion & Design” will be led by Jeffrey Johnson, Interior Designer with Jeffrey Design LLC and Will Arriaga, fashion event consultant. Special guests include Britt Bivens, Principal of Ace of Swords and Cristina Ottavlano, fashion designer.
Discussing and sharing details about the creative process in interior design and fashion, Johnson and Arriaga will talk about personal experiences of the creative process. Bloggers and VIP guests will have the opportunity to interact and learn from these top professionals. The conversation can be followed via Twitter #ModenusTalks and #BlogTourNYC May 19, 2014, 3:00pm – 5:00pm EST.
If you are planning to attend ICFF, let me know, and I love to meet and get to know you as well.
Have a great week!
Photo Credit – Jeffrey Johnson